Keeping your home healthy starts with clean carpets.
Carpet cleaning is just like exercise. If you get into a routine and keep it up, you will see great results and feel better for it. Understanding the best way to clean carpets will help you save time and help keep your carpet looking great, as well as help meet the warranty requirements of the carpet manufacturer.
Carpet Cleaning Johnson and Hood County, Texas
Below are some simple steps to keeping your carpets clean and looking great.
- Vacuum at least twice a week with a Carpet and Rug Institute approved vacuum.
- Clean spots and spills quickly with products that do not damage the carpet or cause it to re soil more quickly, especially pet urine spots.
- Thoroughly dust your home and clean or replace air conditioning and heating filters; clean all ducts and vents to decrease your exposure to pollen and other airborne allergens. Change air filters in your heating and air-conditioning systems as recommended in the manufacturer's directions. The more dust and particles removed by the filter, the fewer that fall onto the carpet and other surfaces in the home.
- Remove mold and mildew from moist areas around your home. Mold is a fungus that can spark allergic reactions for many people throughout the year. Use non-toxic cleaning products and make sure bathrooms, laundry rooms, and kitchens are free of unhealthy mold.
- Use Mats: Outdoor and indoor mats or runners can reduce the amount of dirt that enters and spreads in the house.
- Don't forget the tile and grout! High traffic areas collect dirt and germs, and most weekly cleanings don't do the job when it comes to giving these surfaces a thorough, healthy cleaning. The grout between tiles and stone can be the toughest to eliminate stains and bacteria from these extremely porous surfaces.
- Professionally deep clean your carpets at least every 6 to 12 months to remove deep-down, embedded dirt and grime. Regular cleaning will not only improve your home’s appearance, but it will eliminate germs and allergens, improve your home’s indoor air quality and extend the life of your carpeting.
Preventing dirt and grime from getting on the carpet in the first place is a great way to start keeping it clean.